Am I really looking at only 6 weeks before the Chicago Marathon? Where did the time go?
- It seems like I just found out that my entry into the lottery for the Chicago Marathon was accepted!
- It seems that it was only yesterday that Team Oasis had it’s kick off launch party in April.
- It seems that it was just days ago that I started seeing a chiropractor for my developing condition of plantar faciitis.
- It seems that it was just a month or so when our team had it’s first training run of the season.
It’s so hard to believe how time flies through the summer and not just because of training but life as well. I’d like to think that running is not my life, however, those close to me might say otherwise.
As the months, weeks, days, hours and minutes tick off the clock in my world of preparing for a marathon, those same measurements of time look very different for an orphaned child in Kenya. You see, I have a roof over my head, plenty of food in my fridge, a soft bed to sleep in, clean water whenever I want it, a toilet, clean clothing, income, a car, medical access, and the list is endless. This is not so that child across the world whose parents died from AIDS. Their days look very different from mine; from my kids’ days.
While this very real picture may look so bleek and hopeless, there is something we can do; BUT we need to act NOW.
Help me raise $2,000 towards the building of a children’s home in Kibera that will not only provide shelter but a development program that can offer the hope for a life beyond what anyone could ever imagine. I’m asking you to take the TIME to do only 3 things:
- Pray for the orphaned children and the ministry of Oasis for Orphans.
- Go to my FirstGiving website and make your donation there.
- Share this story with at least 2 others who would be willing to do steps 1 through 3.
How many minutes, hours, or days are you willing take out of your life so that a child across the world can live?
Thank you for going on this journey with me!
“Here am I! Send me!”